DC Music Rocks Guest Form
I'm Brian Nelson-Palmer, the host of DC Music Rocks, and I'm stoked at the idea of having you on the show! The idea is to have awesome guests like you share a bit about themselves, do an interview, and then "pay it forward" and share/talk about some of YOUR favorite DC musicians. Here's the way the show will probably run:
- I start the show and we'll introduce you.
- We'll cover announcements/news (yours and mine)
- We'll play/discuss a couple tracks by DC artists.
- I'll introduce you (and if you're a musician, I'll play one of your songs too).
- We'll interview you
- We'll play/discuss the rest of the tracks we have for that episode.
3 Guest Action Items Required (Due Prior To Booking):
1) EACH PERSON WHO WILL BE ON THE SHOW FILLS OUT THE GUEST PERMISSION FORM AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
There's room for up to 3 guests in the radio booth. Each person who will be live on the air must fill out the super quick Guest Permission Form at the bottom of this page.
2) FILL OUT THE SUBMIT MUSIC FORM If APPLICABLE.
Only if you're a musician and haven't already done so, fill out the Submit Music Form linked below.
3) SEND US AN EMAIL THAT CONTAINS:
Send an email to the show (DCMusicRocks@gmail.com) with:
a) Four (4) DC region artists we can play music from on your episode, which you will talk about, promote, or tell stories about.
- DC region artists means DC and the surrounding region, even way out into the burbs! As of now, Richmond and Baltimore aren't included, but we're open to everything else in between.
- Artists need to be available on Spotify and/or iTunes. If you're an over achiever, send the actual Spotify/iTunes link to the songs or artists. If you have specific songs you'd like to play on your episode certainly share those, otherwise just artist name is fine, We're happy to pick the songs. It's the radio, songs must be clean/edited.
- I'll be asking you to talk about these artists on the air, so be ready to share how you first discovered this artist, why you like them, and any other stories about them. It doesn't have to be personal, you can just be a fan.
b) a short 1-2 paragraph bio of yourself/the band/the person/people on the show that I can copy and post.
c) at least 3 good photos we should use to promote you. At least 1 should be of the person(s) appearing on the show.
d) All your links/URLs (website, Facebook, etc) I should use in my write-up and on my website.
Good interviews always evolve and go off on tangents as they progress, so these questions are just where we'll start, and we won't have time for all of these. You don't have to answer these now, these are an FYI so you can be mentally prepared.
Tell us about you professionally?
What's the story behind your name (If applicable/interesting)?
Tell us about you, on the personal side?
Biggest "success" moment?
Tell us the story about a time you tried and failed?
What do you have in your music collection that might surprise us?
Earliest memory with music?
(For Artists) First memory performing?
One piece of advice you would offer?
Where do we go to find/follow you? Website? Other Links?
Arlington Independent Media
2701-C Wilson Blvd
Arlington VA 22201
Station Front Desk: 703-524-2388
My Cell: 770-403-1061
- Metro: halfway between Courthouse and Clarendon stops on the Orange/Silver Line. 10 min walk from either stop.
- Parking: Super easy. There's normally plenty of spots in front of the station. Grab any of the spots labeled "Arlington Independent Media Only" right in front of the building. If all spots are full, call the front desk at the number above, they can tell you where else to park. DO NOT PARK IN THE COMCAST SPOTS, they ticket/tow.
- You'll need to be able to meet me at the radio station at 4:30pm on the Tuesday of the date we choose. The show runs from 5pm-6pm.
- We will take pictures and video of you and us in the radio booth, so wear something you don't mind being photographed/recorded in. It will be shared publicly!
- NO CURSING ON THE SHOW. Huge fine by the government if you do. If you curse, or conduct yourself unprofessionally on the air, and the show or station is assessed a fine, you will be wholly responsible for paying that fine.
- We're cheerleaders for DC music. We keep it positive on this show. I have a policy of "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all".
- Have fun and enjoy yourself! I love this stuff!