^^Episode Is Live Now - Click Above (might take time to buffer/load, refresh page if issue)^^
FROM TODAY'S SHOW
- Nine to Five - Downtown (Punk/Rock)
- Veronneau - September Moon (Latin/Jazz)
- Empresarios - Sabor Tropical (Latin/Rap)
- Lisa Said - Hard To Brake (Folk/Rock)
- Lisa Said - Comes and Goes (Folk/Rock)
- Sunshowers Overnight - Medicines and Meditations (Folk/Rock)
- Olivia Mancini & the Mates - Easy Way (Pop/Rock)
- Rare Essence - Turn It Up (ft DJ Kool) (R&B/GoGo/Hip Hop)
- Intro music by Fellowcraft (Hard Rock/Blues)
News & Links:
- Find-Browse Music tool now live on the DC Music Rocks website
- Show Alert: Friday, Aug 26, Boat Burning - Music for 70 Guitars, @ Black Cat
Video - Bio - Photos
Lisa Said (pronounced Sa’yeed) combines her Egyptian roots and the music she heard growing up in Tennessee to sing about lost love, nomadic life, and vanishing time soaked in a fifth of bourbon.
These songs were written as far back as 11 years ago, during breaks and in-between days of playing with other bands—garage, rock, powerpop, & art-rock—and represent her more folk & country side. It wasn’t until her last band dissolved that she decided to finally bring these songs out of the darkness.
Now living on the outskirts of Washington, DC, Lisa recorded these songs with legendary punk producer/engineer Don Zientara at Inner Ear Studio throughout most of 2015. Lisa came into the studio with the intention of finding the sweet spot between early 70s folk-rock and North African percussion. This project was jump-started with the contributions of Andrew Toy, a Washington, DC drummer who can play Middle Eastern percussion, the kind of drummer Lisa had been searching for...for years. From there, fine musicians like Jon Carroll (Starland Vocal Band) and Seth Kauffman (Floating Action) were added to the ensemble, near and far, by the grace of Soundcloud and Dropbox. Then the recordings were brought back home to Inner Ear for the final touches.
Overall, these recordings took their time through 2015 and part of 2016. The songs saw many faces, shared many Dropbox links. Great talent led to more great talent, as Lisa felt her way through the dark to arrive at a place beyond her wildest imagination.
No Turn Left Behind (released 8/26/16)